Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Techno Babe Strikes Again :)

I LOVE technology!  I mean it!  Not in the, "I'm part of the Geek Squad and can ROCK your sox off with how smart I am," sorta way; but in the, "I LOVE gadgets and the stinkin' COOL stuff you can do with them," way!  ;)

I'm a BIG fan of Facebook and email, cell phones and someday my very own IPad [crossing fingers and saving hard].... Today though, without spending hundreds of dollars and signing a three year contract in blood, I'm going to be able to take credit cards!

Now, bear in mind that I DON'T approve of debt and will never encourage anyone to go into debt.  I do know, however, that most of us don't carry checks or cash all the time and sometimes, we just want the doggone points we can get by using our credit cards, WISELY!  Got that last part???  Wisely!  Listen to Dave Ramsey for help in that department.  He'll tell you to cut them all up and only use cash, I agree.  But I'm learning as a business owner, that not everyone does.

I hated the idea of big fees, boxes, batch processing, (we do ALL this with our pest control biz), and mostly... BIG fees!  I found this AWESOME little doohickey (see, NOT geek squad material!) called... "The Square".  I plug it into my phone, open the APP (yep, there's an app for that, haha) and voila!  Swipe, done.




(Now, for any potential customers, please keep in mind that if you so choose to use the "credit card" option, not only is there an app for that, but there'll be a charge for that as well.  The 3% (not bad) fee will be added to your bill.  Sorry :(  Like I said, if you can use cash or check, I want to encourage you to do so!  Debt is stinky and can ruin your life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment