Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sixteen Candles and an Angel Food Cake...



Wow! Here I sit, 12:48am knowing that we are about to embark on a new era in our lives. Today, well yesterday I guess, was the finale to our weekend celebration marking Hannah's 16th birthday. Wow! It's so hard to believe that she's 16 and I'm only 29 *giggle* Alright, I feel 29. Well honestly some days I feel 80 but my head and my heart are shouting, "29"!!! I just can't believe that she is two years away from college. COLLEGE! I'm too stinkin' young for this! There is just no way that I can have a kid in college... I mean that's for old..."er" people, right? I know the gray hairs are coming, fast!

She wants so badly to get that blasted "driver's license". Who says she should be able to drive away without me there to watch over her? Who? I'm so uncertain. I don't know how to let her go. I think this is like a "my baby's first day of school" feeling but totally on steroids! I know that I can trust God with her, but man.... I just don't know if I'm ready for all this yet.

I know God is good and in all honesty, she should never have even survived her birth and she did :) What a miracle! And she's here still, just as precious today as that itty-bitty newborn that was placed in my arms sixteen years ago. I know He loves me :D If He didn't, He would never have given such a precious bundle to me in the first place. Good heavens, college in two years, marriage, babies, oh Lord... HELP! Ok, B-R-E-A-T-H-E!!!! I guess I will take a small step back, focus on the here and now and continue to praise Him for all He has given and continues to give. He did tell me I shouldn't be anxious or worry, right? :)

So, here's to sixteen candles and an angel food cake. Thank you Jesus for every blessed candle and for every one here after! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment