Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

BREATHE!

I think I can finally breathe! I have completed processing my last session. This has to have been my most favorite one ever I think :D It was of Baby K. It was only the second time I've ever shot a newborn. I was so scared! I felt like I had to put on a show and be the "professional" that knows it all and is perfect. What a mistake. I totally over-promised and under-delivered. Mamma is a precious friend of mine and she's so gracious, patient and wonderful. Jasmine is correct, in this digital age, why should someone have to wait for their images? I usually ask for two weeks. If I shoot for SOOC (straight out of camera), taking my time to get it right THE FIRST TIME and not have to do all my post-processing, why..... Why should they have to wait? ESPECIALLY if it's AFTER the two week period! Yep, I know.... I HAD to watch Jasmine all 5 days. I did, I HAD to!!! It was the best thing I could have ever done! Well.... next to delivering the images when I had promised I guess. I messed up. I didn't plan right. I know that God allows me to bomb so I can learn. I just hate the whole diving from 10,000 feet and going *SPLAT* on the pavement below part. UGH! Not a pretty sight :(

Today I start over. I am scraping myself up off of that pavement, gathering my guts (ugh, bad pun I know!) and moving forward. From this day on, I will UNDER promise and OVER deliver! I want to be that person that causes people to say, "Jennnifer!?! oh MAN, she's AWESOME! Not only is she a fab photographer," (dreaming here, this is my plan, OK?!).... "Not only is she a FAB photographer, able to capture a smile like nobody's business, but she gets the job done right AND she delivers before she promised to!"

Today starts my move toward that goal. Today begins my new life (OMGoodness, like that's the name of my biz!!!! total *ahha moment*) as a NEW, BETTER, HONEST, keepin'-it-real, photographer (that breathes of course ;) .

2 comments:

  1. I love this pic, Jennifer. I think your friend will be very forgiving if she had to wait a little bit for her gorgeous photos. I would hate to know that someone rushed through my precious memories to meet a deadline. You might have learned something with this shoot, which is fantastic...but just remember not to be too hard on yourself. (Hey...wait a minute..I need to practice what I preach. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosie! You have a wonderful point. I will tuck that one away for sure :) I really do want to be the best me I can and I'm far from it. BUT! Learning is free and I'm all about free.... "learning a hard lesson for free.... priceless." :D

    ReplyDelete