Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Precious Bravery...

It was just over 9yrs ago since the last time this precious man donned an apron. My wonderful husband, of 19yrs today, chose to be brave for the sake of his bride :)


When I had Emily, Greg wanted to surprise me by baking brownies and having them ready for me when I walked in the door from the hospital. I had Emily over Mother's Day and what a wonderful present to come home to. Unfortunately, there was a little mishap. The gas oven in the home we were in at the time, decided not to co-operate with the wonderful intentions of my sweet Gregory. The pilot light (we discovered later) had a leak. The brownies, hard as a rock, were totally inedible. Despite his careful preparation and baking, they were a total loss. He swore he'd never bake again. Even though we found out the stove was to blame, he was severely disappointed and took it incredibly hard.


Today, my charming husband had a surprise. He came to the door with bags in hand, producing a dozen red roses and dinner. NOT dinner as in "take out", but as in supplies to MAKE dinner! He took my breath away. As I sit writing this, he is busying himself in the other room. The table is set with the favorable dishes, cheerful place mats, sparkling glasses and my STUNNING red roses. The kitchen smells amazing! I think brownies are in the works. :)


Jesus, I thank you for not giving up on us. It's not always been peachy. In fact, there have been many moments when I didn't know if we'd make it. We have, and we will. He's a wonderful man and I'm so blessed. He is an amazing husband and incredibly loving father. I'm so grateful that we didn't give up on each other and by Your grace, love and mercy.... we are here today. It's amazing to look back and see that it's been this long. Next year will be 20. So many don't make it this far. I'm so thrilled that we have and I can't wait for the next 20!


To my darling Gregory.... thank you for your precious bravery. Thank you for putting up with this emotional, wacky and messy woman. For loving me in spite of my mistakes. For caring about me when I don't care enough about myself. For sharing your dreams. For sharing in mine. For giving me three INCREDIBLE children and most of all, for sticking by me when things got tough. I love you and I will never be able to express in words exactly how much. ♥

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post...I'm reaching for the tissue now. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snifftear* That was beautiful. I could have written the same thing to my husband, but we haven't been married nearly as long. By God's grace, we will get there someday. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete