Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Sweet Sunset Promises

Alas, I am a happy woman.  Well, I generally am one anyway but tonight, especially so.

After having to take my baby (11yr old baby) to the doc for ear infections :(, picking up groceries, waiting on the meds, and canceling a play date (photogin' with a precious friend), heading home I saw something.  Something amazing.  Something growing.  Something that was about to take my breath away.  I saw the signs and couldn't ignore them.

For over a year now, I've been dying to get another fabulous sunset.  I've evaluated my way through every season, every possible location (preferably void of electrical lines) and ashamedly, missed MANY!  I have realized that part of the recipe to capturing a spectacular sunset consists of several things.  Clouds, ribbons of clouds actually.  Too many or too fuzzy and they block too much of the sun.  Calm.  No 90 mile an hour winds (that's just my personal preference, whether it affects a sunset, don't really know).  Winter.  I think this is important.  I have tried for MANY months to find another sunset like the one I took last February.  I've tried and tried but found nothing as showy and splendiforous as I have seen in winter.  No science that I've looked up, just gesture based on personal experience.  The last item you need.... your camera.  You think I'm just being silly.  Nope, you may remember my venting about this same subject not long ago.

After slapping myself, many times over the last few months, I finally had to just hand it over to God and ask Him to provide the moment.  The perfect sunset (and help to have my camera on hand).  Well, whether this is the one He planned on or if this is just a tease for an even BETTER one; He promised, AND delivered!

Tonight, I saw the makings of what proved to be a most magnificent display.  I prayed the whole way home (didn't have the camera with me, of course!).  I took MULTITUDES of deep breathes.  Prayed, breathed, prayed, breathed and then I realized something.  He wouldn't show me what He was about to do only to not help me get there in time.  Trust.  I had to trust Him.

What a wonderful God He is!  Not only did I get there in time, but it all worked beautifully, even down to the gloves I had just put in the car.... TODAY!  I love His promises.  So simple, so gentle, so true and trustworthy.  If He cares to give me a gift as simple as a sunset, what MORE does He desire for me????  Almost like getting Christmas everyday.  Oh, wait... it is :D

This is comprised of three images, processed with my new PSE9 program, using the Panoramic option :D

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, WOW, this is fabulous. I've never used the panoramic feature. You might have to give a tutorial. ;-) Really, this is beautiful and I understand your angst trying to get home.

    ReplyDelete